Saturday, October 24, 2009

Step Two - The Exchange of Outer Garments (covenant series)


Clothed in righteousness - click on the link to see Gwen's description of this picture

2. The exchange of outer garments

Scripture says that He has given us His divine nature - II Peter 1:3-4.

To the Hebrew, a person’s robe represents the person. By taking off my robe and giving it to you, I’m symbolically saying, “I’m giving you all myself. My total being and my life, I pledge to you.” And then you would do the same to me.

Also read Colossians 3:8-10; 12-14 for more information on His garments that are given to us, and that we need to reach for and put on ourselves!

3 comments:

Renee said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cindy what an interesting blog.

I loved learning about the garment and I see that there is so much here to learn.

Thank you Cindy for the gift of your blog.

Renee xoxo

Sueann said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am loving this Covenant series. I am reminded how they cast lots over Jesus' garments at the foot of the cross.
Hugs
SueAnn

Renee said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cindy what an interesting blog.

I loved learning about the garment and I see that there is so much here to learn.

Thank you Cindy for the gift of your blog.

Renee xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...