This was so funny!
Angel had a little friend over Sunday afternoon, and they were going to sneak into Poppa's room above the garage (affectionately called "Manland") to read the (extremely organized) list of Christmas presents and where they were hidden that Angel had discovered just the day before - and hadn't had a chance to open it to read yet!!! BUT, the girls had to change out of church clothes to play clothes, and that gave Poppa JUST ENOUGH TIME to run up there AND....instead of hiding the list or deleting it (because believe me, he keeps multiple copies of these sorts of things!) he just changed the present name...so the girls could read a revised list...this is a copy of the list they read:
1. Slingshot Flying Chicken With Cockadoodle Scream Sound (Opened 8 Dec ‘09)
2. Wii (Hidden in Mike’s Room)
3. Memory of a sweet childhood (Hidden in Mike’s Room)
4. Memories of fun and happiness (Hidden in Mike’s Room)
5. Love (Hidden in Mike’s Room)
6. Hugs (Hidden in Mike’s Room)
7. Kisses (Hidden in Mike’s Room)
8. Safety (Hidden in Mike’s Room)
9. Security (Hidden in Man-Land)
10. Knowledge (Hidden in Man-Land)
11. Sweets (Hidden in Man-Land)
12. Warmth (Hidden in Man-Land)
13. Clothes (Hidden in Man-Land)
14. Book of Lifesavers (Hidden in Man-Land)
15. Friends (Hidden in Man-Land)
16. Adventure (Not delivered yet)
17. Happiness (Not delivered yet)
18. Games (Not delivered yet)
26. You can’t love enough not to have problems. You can’t ignore a problem and just hope it goes away.
27. The only way out is through.
28. Integrity isn’t a guarantee against hardship and heartache, but true contentment cannot exist without it.
29. Be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger
30. Talk low, talk slow and never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut. Even a fool looks wise until he speaks.
31. Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while
I guess Poppa was feeling particularly wise, and had to add those last 6 lines!!! The girls didn't even mind not finding the "real" list!
7 hours ago