Monday, January 10, 2011

Thank you and a fast

Shema - Hear/listen...this week is a time for listening!

Just popping in to say thank you for those who commented and contacted me about the last post! I know I just sprung it on y'all - the first installment of a Bible Study (which I am familiar with writing) mixed in with a semi-fictional story telling (which I am NOT familiar with doing!). I wrote about what I knew God was weaving together in me here and this year is my year to jump in and do it! It won't all be "fictional Bible Study", but this IS the starting place!

The characters in this study are a composite of myself and people I have met through my life, through counseling and Bible Study and friendships. Any similarity to you, my friends, is totally accidental - or maybe a reminder that we all have so much in common in our vulnerable areas as well as strengths!



The portion of Scripture that is the object of this creative adventure IS my personal study material! Oh, don't get discouraged by what seems to be harsh wording here! Our Heavenly Father is so incredibly full of love, of lovingkindness, of covenant love (oh, I hope you come to the full understanding of what this truly is!), of Hesed and 'emet!! And as Sophie perseveres (because she is a little hesitant of the harsh wording too), she and you will discover the breadth and length and height and depth of this love that is deeper and wider and fuller than what we can think or imagine! In fact, this study was born out of quiet times where the Holy Spirit ever so gently was calling me to release my false image of God and meet the One True God of the Bible. I had already met His love - but I was afraid of the God of punishment. I was still (am still) healing from perfectionism.

Oh - and our Pastor has called us to fast this month - church wide we are fasting media this week...so this is my only post till next Monday (I have grace from Him to post this little message to you...I just can't explain all the reasons why!) Join me again next week! I know the next installment will be complete!

6 comments:

janet keen said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous blog. Cheers janet from New Zealand...

Tee McNeil Art said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is beautiful!

Tee
www.greenislescrafts.com

Jill said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i love your faith in our Father and your commitment to know Him more. I will be praying for you.

My Journey to Hope said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, this is amazing! I love the colors and the meaning, it's powerful. Thanks for the inspiration!

:) Michelle

My Journey to Hope said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, this is amazing! I love the colors and the meaning, it's powerful. Thanks for the inspiration!

:) Michelle

Teressa Thompson said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is beautiful!

Tee
www.greenislescrafts.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...