Friday, September 2, 2011

Guardian 1 - almost there...

StudioJRU

We are in the full swing of school now, it seems our days have settled into a predictable pattern, and this year, I find I have time to do more creating during the school day!  So I have gotten the chance to work on this painting...

Remember the beginning?

And a little further along...

Here is the progress...

still some shading work do be done on the face + finishing the hair...I have really loved creating this piece...I have focused on the wings for about two weeks...I knew something was "wrong" and finally I saw it (have you ever had to walk away from a project multiple times in order to really see it with fresh eyes?)  If you look at the 2nd picture as compared to this one, you can see that the left wing was adjusted...after adding the smaller top feathers - it was clear that the angle I had it going just looked awkward...so I swirled a fresh rainbow of acrylics over the entire wing, obliterating it (that was a growth experience for this recovering perfectionist!) and I adjusted the color of the lips...  I have played with many more layers of shading in the face than I usually use - she is the most realistic face I have attempted.

And as I have painted this week, God has talked to me about perfection - His definition.  I have had His voice whispering about the great war in heaven when a third of the angels fell...I have heard things about the guardian angels we each have assigned over us - actually, He has been gently confronting long held assumptions of mine...
and I will share all that next week when I hopefully post the finished work!

Blessings to each of you!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...