Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Exploring circles - post 1 - {Paths to Healing}...

Recently I read a post on the meaning and symbolism of circle in art therapy - and it struck me that circles have a rich history in the Christian faith as well, and before that, in the history of God's dealing with man.  At the same time, I realized I had been collecting ideas that were based on the form of a circle - and it just seemed to be the perfect time (and perhaps even the leading of the Holy Spirit) to explore the meaning of circles in my life and my faith - yes!


So, starting next Wednesday, and through the month of August, I will post a little research, a little prompt, and a little peak at what I am creating with circles...if you want to play with me, this is the book I am making to create in and record in (but of course you can use your regular art journal, too):  

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/8c/ea/cb/8ceacb93797de2666d370f83ac945e38.jpg
I have this pinned to my "Art Book/Journal making" pinboard...and this is the form I want to use for my "Exploring Circles" art + healing processing - 

Detailed instructions can be found here - Jesscreateit.wordpress.com.

I am using a 12"x 18" piece of 140 lb. coldpress watercolor paper - mostly because that is what I have a few extra pieces of! 

I'm not sure if I am going to do a lot of prep work or not...I am thinking of using watercolors - tho' the sample image is truly a mixed media piece!  I can tell I need to do some thinking before I actually start...

Here is what my paper looks like - folding, then cutting out certain portions per Jess's instructions...





Putting my quilting supplies to good use!














Cut and ready to fold:

What does a circle mean to you?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...