Wednesday, September 2, 2015

You need only to be still...


"The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still..."
~ Exodus 14:14

One of my "go to" worship songs speaks of "Being Still"...

and what does one do, when standing in the stillness? 


 You praise Him, you remind yourself of His wonderful deeds and power. You declare along with the young men of Israel who were slaves in a foreign land: 

"...If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, 
the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, 
and he will deliver us from Your Majesty's hand. 
But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, 
that we will not serve your gods 
or worship the image of gold you have set up." 
{Daniel 3:17-18}

Answer these questions as a prayer or praise:

What has He done for me in the past?
What has He done for others that can fuel hope and confidence in myself? 
What promises has He given in His word? {Both to me specifically and to His people as a whole.}
What can I be thankful for right now?
What is my favorite characteristic of Him?
 How can I make these things (in this list I am making) a declaration of my faith in Him?
 


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...