Friday, March 30, 2012

An Easter place setting Sneek Peak




I love thrifting, and about 6 weeks ago I was in another small town and stopped by the thrift store - I can't remember what I was really looking for as I write this post, but I do love vintage dishware so I stopped to look for something (oh, I remember what I was looking for now! And it was a certain cup...*sigh*) But these plates with the robin's egg blue rim caught my attention, and then the china with the delicate rose pattern. They looked great together in the store, and there were enough of each to find 4 that were not chipped or too stained...I love the worn look, like they have been in our family for generations and loved and used!

Since I also have had nests + eggs + birds on my mind, I thought adding some artificial nests with word eggs (inspired by Jennifer at apoemlife) would be so pretty for spring table settings...I think they would be perfect for an intimate Mother's Day luncheon with favorite mothers?

I had two sizes of nests, and though I needed the larger ones to fill the plates more, they looked a little "uncozy", even with 3 eggs nestled in them. I just tried stacking the nests to see if the small ones would fit inside the larger - I love the look!

Another assembly:

Next week we will be preparing for Easter Sunday...

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...