Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Simple Daybook -

 FOR TODAY
March 6th, 2012

Outside my window...
the sun is out, spring is early - temperatures warm...

I am thinking...
a lot about listening to the Lord, about what simplicity truly is,
about the Lord's leadings in "Finding Sanctuary".

I am thankful..
a gift bent - all those tree branches Angel is gathering, stripping, whittling;
a gift broken - the place in my heart that carries the love for the eldest son;
a gift beautiful - the joy of parenting (2nd round!).

In the kitchen...
going to try this recipe for homemade granola bars:
blue jeans, white shirt, black pin-stripe "boyfriend" jacket...

I am creating...
an e-course called "Finding Sanctuary".

I am going...
to TJMaxx to see if I can find a little mug just like this one:
from my flickr friend "ania♥ in Morocco for a while"
 I am wondering...
how I can write better blog posts...

I am reading...
"October Song" by Beverly Lewis.

I am hoping...
I just am {smiles}

I am looking forward to...
specifically that we have a good showing of bluebonnets this year after so much good rain...

I am learning...
to listen to God be my "business coach"

Around the house...
I have been spending just 10 minutes cleaning in each room a day, 
and it is looking much better!

I am pondering...
how simplicity is a result of focus + faith that He can and WILL take care of little details...

A favorite quote for today...
Simplicity is ultimately a matter of focus - Ann Voskamp

One of my favorite things...
blue birds, blue eggs, and nests are consuming my creative thoughts lately...

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Finishing up several units in the homeschooling arena in preparation for spring break coming up...

A peek into my day...

image processed using two layers of "Happy Heart" set at "multiply".  I was looking for some masculine type scenes for some cards and home decor I am creating.  The blossoming trees are so inviting right now!  But in a brown bottle with a little heavy texture they look worthy to be on a gentleman's writing desk or drafting table...



the image directly below is the exact same image,
processed with only one layer of "Happy Heart" set
on "soft light".
I love each of these images!



Joining with Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday

and

The Simple Woman's Daybook

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...