Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Simple Daybook - Spring Break Edition

FOR TODAY - March 14th, 2012

Outside my window... The tree buds are breaking open, baby leaves, giving a soft green glow to their branches

I am thinking...about what God is doing through the "Finding Sanctuary" class...

I am thankful...for the rhythm of the seasons, spring birds, tweener singing in the shower

In the kitchen...looking for my recipe for cheezy potato casserole + thinking about the Easter menu...

I am wearing...blue jeans and white T-shirt with little ruffles all the way down...

I am creating...word eggs and fiber art nests...probably will post steps to making them tomorrow!

I am going...absolutely nowhere!  Loving being tucked in during this Spring Break...

I am wondering...where those pine needles from the Christmas tree keep coming from?!?

I am reading...Michelle Rusha's Lenten devotional for these 40 days - sweet tweener is doing it with me.  The title is "Grace Changes Everything".

I am hoping...That she grows in her relationship with the Lord in tangible ways during this Lent...

I am looking forward to...The movie "Mirror, Mirror" coming to theaters at the end of March ☺.  (I still love fairytales, and Julia Roberts playing the evil queen!?! It will be so fun!)

I am learning...perhaps it is more of a renewing - of my trust in the Lord and how He has even the smallest detail worked out - He has been reassuring me at every turn that tweener's heart IS in His hands, He is aware, and I need to keep listening, do what He asks me to, and rest in His abilities...truer comfort, confidence, peace and joy I do not know...

Around the house...Wiping down baseboards, window sills, chasing dust bunnies where they lie crouched in hidden corners - feeling like this is a Passover preparation...

I am pondering...How to implement all course work and spiritual work after spring break is over...

A favorite quote for today..."If you want to be happy, BE" - (Leo Tolstoy).

One of my favorite things...pillow talk with sweet tweener...

A few plans for the rest of the week: - painting, playing in the soil, perhaps planting some blooming plants...

A peek into my day...playing with my "Beyond Layers" assignment - experimenting with black and white and thinking about fear(s) - (Click here to go to my flickr photostream to see all 8 images)



A Scripture to meditate on from this morning:

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isa. 41:10


Diary of 5
I am seeing...wood eggs painted blue drying on the table
I am hearing...the soundtrack to the first Transformers movie

I am smelling..."Foldger's in my cup" {smiles}

I tasted...home made peanut butter granolas - yummmm!

I am feeling...content, yes, contentment...


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...