Friday, December 14, 2012

Folded Star (or Snowflake) Ornament Mini Book

I am pleased to be a part of my friend Jennifer's "Creative Christmas" series! 


I have been really drawn to old text pages lately.  There is something so charming about repurposing words and age stained paper – a touching and joining to ages past, as if the trace of a finger over the time browned sheets infuses one with a profound appreciation for simpler, quieter eras - the very atmosphere I want in my home this year to embrace the meaning of Christmas once again...


Above is a picture of what we will be making - a little book, that becomes an ornament (two different ways!), and can deliver an inspirational message in a most delightful way!  And once you make one (and see how easy it is with materials you most likely already have on hand) you will be making many - next year I will be using these to make an advent calendar with this list of Scriptures...

You can see the rest of this post over at Studio JRU today...♥♥♥

You will see my beautiful (ha!) red washcloths in the pictures - at least they provided the contrast so you could see the images! 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...