Friday, June 7, 2013

"New Creation" creativity...butterflies to print for projects...

A harvest of souls...

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 
2 Corinthians 5:17 NASB

This butterfly printable can be found here



I grew up in a church that used many symbols to convey the truth of the Scripture.  One such symbol was that of the butterfly, which symbolized the new birth; a new creature/identity/person was formed when the Holy Spirit indwelt our hearts - just as a new creature - able to fly -  emerges from the cocoon of the old caterpillar...

- PLUS -

 I love old books and projects made with text...so of course I had to love this when I saw it on pinterest.






Download a digital copy here (without the watermark)
 


I couldn't find the butterfly printable, though,
so I decided to make my own, as I had collected quite a few butterfly images over the years.  Sweet Tweener wanted to learn some more photoshop techniques this week, too.  You can see what we created to the right ....

These butterflies are about twice as large as the ones in the Pinterest example - so I am glad to have both sets available, now!













A lot of times the pages of an old novel are smaller than the standard 8 1/2 by 11 inch printer sheet, and most printers can handle that...but the sheet of butterflies I made was a full sheet size, and I didn't want to change that...so to print I used spray adhesive and sprayed a sheet of copy paper, then smoothed my book pages onto the adhesive.  This brand is just what our local craft store had - it only has to hold while going through the printer, so nothing needs to be perfect...I just made sure the adhesive was covered...(that way it wouldn't stick while going through the printer)...
All printed out and now it is time to start snipping! 
Here they are, ready to go...some on Japanese text, some on an old dictionary page...

Can't wait to use them!  Stay tuned to see the finished project!



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...