Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sojourning #1...You know the way...

A couple of weeks ago I had the privilege of being at a retreat center which had a reproduction village from ancient Israel built - it is called "Capernaum".  Of course I took pictures!  And you will be seeing many of the shots during this season of Lent...
 
...and you know the way to the place where I am going...John 14:4

Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.     John 14:1-3 NIV

The theme the Lord is leading me towards for my personal Lenten explorations comes from the idea that we are simply sojourners in this world, citizens of another.  And so for this first installment, I chose an image of looking through an archway in the town of "Capernaum", towards a live oak tree...
 almost as if I am looking through a corridor from one world to the next, and the oak is the Tree of Life in the center of Paradise...

"Soon," the Spirit says.  "Soon, we will be together." 


Joining with the Texture Tuesday link up here..

My image is processed with a vibrance adjustment and one layer of Kim's "rest" from her February trio set to "color burn" blend mode and opacity adjusted to 48%. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...