Monday, January 18, 2010

Sketchbook Project (My Life in a Yellow Submarine) - 1







Here is the text...
Ringo, John, Paul and George may not have intended their little song about a yellow submarine to be deeply spiritual (or even a tiny bit spiritual!), BUT, the art therapy theory I am trained in links the color of yellow to our human spirit and the attributes that our spirit man bring to our experience…so I took liberty with the song and defined it as a metaphor for our spiritual journey – a very loose metaphor!!! In this journey we must dive beneath the surface of our daily life to find what is profoundly at the core of who we are as individuals. This journey requires that we move past the superficial, that we move through denial, in order to find our true identity.

I have juxtaposed my imagination’s rendition of the interior of the submarine using childlike simplicity between the exploration of the spirit I have been through using images of women in fields of blues…no matter what your spiritual persuasion, let’s walk a spirit journey together. Come and…




Open your heart, your mind, even your spirit…to new possibilities – to New Life!



The words read...
We are a tri-partate being, comprised of our body (the 5 senses), our soul (which is our thoughts, will, and emotion) and our spirit (which is conscience, communion, and intelligience).
Our spirit experiences the world through the 5 senses, and the resulting beliefs, decisions, and feelings are what comprise our soul.

3 comments:

Sueann said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the journal! And the journey is a great idea. I know I will follow along with you!
Hugs
SueAnn

Jodi said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Gahh! I super-love this! I'm glad it popped up in the little box underneath your post so I could see it. So inspiring.

slommler said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the journal! And the journey is a great idea. I know I will follow along with you!
Hugs
SueAnn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...