Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Beginning and the End (and everything in between!)

I know I haven't been around much lately - more on that later...

But this quote is from an online devotional I get in my mailbox every morning...

The rabbis of old noted that the Hebrew alphabet starts with the letter alef. In the middle of the alphabet is the letter mem, and the last letter is tav. Together, the three letters form the Hebrew word emet (truth). Truth is always the essence of the ... faith.

How profound! This reminds me of two New Testament passages:

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. and

Revelation 1:8 - I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
A powerful way to start the day!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...