Friday, July 2, 2010

The Wonder of God

picture is from this site


I just called a friend to invite her over for the 4th – she asked me to pray for her and of course I agreed, but I didn’t let her know how inadequate I was feeling lately. Little did I know what God had in store for ME! I invited the Lord to help pray for “the noise in her head” as she put it…immediately He began to parade images through my mind – Him breathing on His disciples before the crucifixion and saying, “Receive the Holy Spirit”; the way the smoke of the incense rolls and wafts – permeating everything it comes in contact with; the words “I (Jesus) am interceding for YOU” (my friend is a true intercessor, who constantly pours her prayers out for others); Him in His long, flowing robes walking with His arm around her shoulder in a peaceful garden setting, gently speaking to her “Relax, I want to minister to YOU, be at peace; and finally (and sort of humorously) the idea of a spiritual massage to let out any tension as He spoke that He would open the doors that needed opening and for her to use her present unusual free hours to enjoy Him and not feel that she should be using that time otherwise. Those images, the imagery, His ministry – exactly what was needed…tears flowed in the wonder of how He ministered exactly to both her needs as well as mine in one magnificent touch of His finger!

2 comments:

Sueann said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful! As usual...He knows!
Hugs and Happy 4th
SueAnn

slommler said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful! As usual...He knows!
Hugs and Happy 4th
SueAnn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...