Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Psalm of Cinquains - b

"B"

Bridegroom
Majesty donned
In passioned quest His bride,
Watching o'er her preparation
with joy..


I recently got inspired by David's work in writing Psalm 119...and at the same time had come across this instruction (from an old homeschool English book) for writing cinquains...I am sure it wasn't just a serendipitous coincidence!  So here I am, taking the 26 letters of the English alphabet and creating my own Psalm of Cinquain for my Lord...(one a week for imperfect prose!)




Here is the pattern for writing a cinquain:
Line 1 - states the title.........................2 syllables
Line 2 - describes the title....................4 syllables
Line 3 - expresses an action ................6 syllables
Line 4 - expresses a feeling..................8 syllables
Line 5 - another word for the title.........2 syllables

Would you like to join me in writing your own?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...