Tuesday, October 9, 2012

As the deer...


I added the words and blurred background to this stunning photo I found -
part of what I am calling "my creative worship" time...


"To pant" is a sort of idiom used to describe the intense longing of the heart in this Psalm (Psalm 42)
...the word `arag (translated "panteth") properly means to rise; to ascend; and then, to look up toward anything; to long for (Barnes Commentary).  Gesenius's Lexicon includes the thought of "to be bent, or intent upon anything".

 One of my all time favorite praise songs is "As the Deer", written by Marty Nystrom.  With my recent inspiration leaning towards this sweet, fragile, creatures, I am reminded of the song again..

A link of Robin Marks singing "As the Deer"...

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...