Friday, November 30, 2012

He Will Come Like the Rain...

It has been so, so long since I posted any of my stained glass work...I truly love it, but it seems mixed media has taken over more over the past year... 

A verse has just really been on my heart a lot lately:

It contains the words "He will come to us like the rain"...I have seen it in a lot of art as well {like here and one I found via tumblr and pinned here}...the Lord is knocking on the door of my understanding...there is something here he wants me to see...

The square to the left of the bevel has a pattern that looks like raindrops...
The image above and the one below show how beautiful each style of glass is
(each section is a different patterned glass...)
The one in the upper left of the piece is wavy - hard to see in pictures...



The lights in the kitchen have a yellow tint and my countertops are off white, and I always get this warm peachy vanilla effect when I take pictures using the island as a base...


I added 3 crystal beads that dangle somewhat freely - I thought they furthered the idea of raindrops...or since there are three, perhaps the Trinity?


He will Come Like the Rain:
If you are interested in buying this piece, click here...

And what has the Lord been whispering?  Look at the entire verse:

So let us know, let us press on to know the LORD. His going forth is as certain as the dawn; And He will come to us like the rain, Like the spring rain watering the earth.  
Hosea 6:3 NASB

"Let us press on to know the Lord" - an invitation to go deep...and it connects strongly with my word "contemplate" for the year - like this verse is the summation of His desire for our time together.
{I already know my word for the coming year...♥...coming soon}

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...