Friday, October 18, 2013

I am teaching you the way of wisdom... Promises for the Wilderness #5


So often we think we have done something terrible when we find ourselves there, in the wilderness that is, I do at least, even though I know better...

I know the law of sowing and reaping...
I know the truth that "from the fruit of our mouth, our stomach is filled..."
I know that "life and death are in the power of the tongue"...
I know that even though "me and my house have chosen to follow the Lord", I very often follow my own flesh; my own desires; my own inclinations...

How many times will I fail, how many times have I eaten from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and I am expelled from the garden of peace and blessing and fellowship...

but the truth is, that God leads us into the wilderness, usually very soon after we have been saved and delivered and are marked by His Spirit (and periodically as we walk along this life in the Spirit).  It isn't punishment for the sins of our past or even the mistakes of our present, but 

it is the means to move us from the place of our past to the place of our promise.

God is with us in the wilderness, to guide, comfort, lead, and to be there for us to lean on...sometimes just His Presence is all that we can comprehend, and sometimes we cannot even do that...

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...