Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Everlasting, purity and Snow Falling on Cedars quote

As I was working on this picture, I was really thinking about two words - everlasting (because of the cedar) and purity (from the icy snow).  I knew these thoughts could be found in the Scripture...and the quote seemed to capture the longing of a person who desires the renewal, the quiet, the purity invoked by the peace new fallen snow.

The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.  Jeremiah 31:33

Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool.
  Isaiah 1:18

Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash
me, and I will be whiter than snow. ... Psalm 51:7 

The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.  Deuteronomy 33:27

 But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear
him, and his righteousness with their children's children ... Psalm 103:17


Joining with the lovely creatives at Texture Tuesday



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...