Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Red Thread Animation and Just What is Zakka?

I found this cool video at a blog I like - Zakka life....very cool! Any sewer out there will be amazed at the animation!



Now, do you wonder what the "Zakka" phenomenon is? I looked up the definition and here is what Wikipedia said:

Zakka (from the Japanese 'zak-ka'(雑貨)or 'many things') is a fashion and design phenomenon that has spread from Japan throughout Asia. The term refers to everything and anything that improves your home, life and outlook. It is often based on household items from the West that are regarded as kitsch in their countries of origin. But can also be Japanese goods, mainly from the fifties, sixties and seventies. In Japan there are also so-called Asian zakka stores; that usually refers to Southeast Asia. The interest in Nordic design or Scandinavian design, both contemporary and past, is also part of this zakka movement. Zakka can also be contemporary handicraft.

I have seen a lot of things labeled "zakka", and the idea of "contemporary and past handiwork" really sums up what I have found - tea cozies, cute little hand made slippers, funky magnets for the refrigerator, handmade apparel, quilts, etc....everything I grew up making, and still love to dabble in...everything CRAFTY! "Zakka" sounds so much more exotic than "crafts"! LOL.

That's it for now!

PS - More "linear animation" can be found here, and following the related videos!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VWcqILJam4&feature=PlayList&p=DF18408AEE7DFB43&index=1

2 comments:

Sueann said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow! That is awesome animation!! And Zakka I have never heard of. I must have my head under a rock these days. Sigh!!
Hugs
SueAnn

slommler said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow! That is awesome animation!! And Zakka I have never heard of. I must have my head under a rock these days. Sigh!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...