Thursday, December 8, 2011

Autumn lingering

Finally, pouring cold rain after the long hot draught - and the colors so rich, having remained day after day, unusual for a Texas fall, (which is normally perhaps 1 week long).  I raced out during a break in the sheeting rain, the sky still sprinkling, because I feared the color would be gone after the sure freeze of the night...

A canopy of reds and greens - autumn nodding its head towards Christmas?
Autumn's arms beckoned, loaded with color...
unwilling to release her treasures,
a rich surprise after the ravages of the scorching summer...

Entering the circle drive - plus photoshopped with "Fresco"...love the painting type look!
Nature had clung to life - had her fingers forgotten how to let go?
No! She was pausing, asking the Creator...
"May I stay here just a bit longer? 
I don't want to rush towards the time to come...
Let me linger here,
with You,
longer?"

The other side of the driveway - the county road is below
Just this - her wish -
whispered in my spirit...
"Stop."
"Look."
"Listen."

and I wanted to...

beyond the fairy garden
"Stop" - Be present in this moment

Right outside the front door
"Look" - Be aware. See what is right around you

Over the ridge and down the street
"Listen" - What do you hear?  Sounds without - thoughts within?

Beyond the garden - deer rest just below that hill, and come up to snack on my garden if I am not careful to put the "liquid fence" around it periodically!


"Stop."
"Look."
"Listen."

Linger long with the Lord...

Not holly, but the oaks are trying their best!

 No matter what the season...


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...