Monday, March 26, 2012

How is {my ministry} defined?

{sigh} We love the Advent/Lenten wreath we ordered from Caleb Voskamp!


I still remember the day I read Luke 1:6
with eyes illumined by the instruction of the Holy Spirit:

They were both righteous in the sight of God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments 
and requirements of the Lord…

One verse. 20 words. The summation of a long life lived for the Lord.  This was the pronouncement of the Holy Spirit; the “well done, good and faithful servants”, spoken of two people who had gone unnoticed for years, but who had nontheless served their God faithfully,

in the shelter of secret places – 
of heart and home, 
of minds and souls.  

I remember thinking to myself, “I would be thrilled for that one sentence to be said of me!” 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...