Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook + Texture Tuesday

FOR TODAY 
May 8, 2012

A peek into my day... I was trying to achieve a Renaissance look on a yellow rose bloom photo I took at our local library - they have a little garden out front...
processed with: a levels adjustment
                           a layer of "Renaissance" by Sarah Gardner at multiply
                           2 layers of KK's "Charmed" at multiply
                           1 layer of KK's "Ugg Love" at multiply
I think it does look old and "reanaissancy" ☺

Outside my window...an overcast day.

I am thinking...a lot about "God as Business Coach"

I am thankful...for transportation, for air conditioning, for technology ☺.

In the kitchen...there is a key lime pie just begging to be made!

I am wearing...white T + my favorite denim capris with 3 studs on the bottom of each leg seam

I am creating...another mixed media piece...sisters...the reveal will be at this week's "Sneak Peek" at Studio JRU!

I am going...to take sweet tweener for her 11 year old check-up later this afternoon

I am wondering...what homeschooling will "look like" next year...

I am reading..."Holy Listening", a book on being a spiritual director...sometimes counseling takes that turn...and it is something to keep me sharp and tuned for the counseling arena...

I am hoping...always hoping, for wisdom, direction, sweet tweener's total healing, etc...

I am looking forward to...everything, as "hope" includes the idea of 'waiting in anticipation'

From the learning room... finishing up the 5th grade school year...

Around the house...art is happening!  Sweet tweener used watercolors to make a blue and red gecko...pretty cool!

A favorite quote for today..."Faith has a sister named Hope" - unknown

One of my favorite things...the ease of watercolors!

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Granbury - exploring antique shops with sweet tweener and checking out SHAPE Academy

A Scripture to meditate on from this morning: 
The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear Him, And rescues them. Psalm 34:7 (NASB)

Lectio Divina:
We read the passage slowly: lectio
We meditate on the Word or phrase: meditatio
We talk with God: Oratio
We are silent: Contemplatio

I do love this verse - but today it really spoke to me that not only does He encamp around me, but He also rescues me...is this a rescue from a problem that happened before I feared Him, before He camped around me?  The image of His encircling me makes me think nothing can come through Him to touch me, to harm me...but then it says "AND He rescues me (them)" - He protects AND rescues...but why do I need rescuing when He is the Protector?  It is stunning to realize I still need rescuing...from myself , no doubt!  A rescue from mindsets that have been entrenched from before I knew Him...perhaps even from basic fears, besetting sins, perceptions...this Old Testament passage makes a good place to refer people when they need convincing that inner healing continues after salvation, in fact, He pursues this inner healing!  I love how He always reveals treasures - both old and new - in His Word...I feel specially embraced by Him this morning...



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...