Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Taking a Chance/Changing

This post is really a response to this week's lesson (challenge?) for Beyond Layers...a sort of "get YOURSELF out of the box you have put yourself in" sort of thing (my paraphrase)...we are asked to shake things up a bit:  take a new route, try a new recipe, do something totally out of the ordinary for you, take a photograph -not your usual style...

For me, being in this class, doing anything photographic is a challenge, out of the box per se.
I am an artist (Yes!  I can say that!)  I am learning to approach my life as an artistic expression -
I know my life is an expression of my faith, my relationship with my Creator, too...when I lose myself in creating, becoming collaborator with the greatest of Creators - I feel content, complete...

I am in this class to learn Photoshop, not photography - yet I can get caught up in competing with my own skills in trying to get good images out of that little point and shoot...I know:

it has stretched me artistically...

it has distracted me artistically {smiling - when I get stuck on trying 50 different ways to make one photo - is that bad?  ☺♥}...

it has caused me to look at my life in more detail, as I look through the the view finder of the little black rectangle that is my occasional instrument of art.

it has caused me to think and to desire to teach what I am learning to others (but I don't know how to fit that into the online counseling site....)

...and how to balance the counseling, the therapy as art, and the art has been the constant journey of the past 16 months...and that is truly my "out of the box" challenge for myself - to package the passions, the leadings, even the Spirit's direction in a cohesive, logical and creative way that will reach the hearts of women (and men if that is to be)...

Just a "screen capture" using my little snip tool...

I keep snags of ideas on a pinterest board - that will be my "photo graphical" offering today: and you can get a deeper view as well... the "For 12Tribes" board + the two "Finding Sanctuary" boards are my places I pin things that might further the vision for my ultimate online presence...(click here if you want to go visiting!)

And you, how do you weave together your leadings, passions, callings?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...