Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY 

A peek into my day...peace and relaxation!
Taken on the Clark Garden field trip - there is a place in our yard that looks like this; I love the bench, I want the bench!
Outside my window... Trees!  I love mature trees, and I love their fallen leaves in the fall -

I am thinking...about asking for a Dremel tool for Mother's Day...I really do want one!

I am thankful...3 things flat:  1) tortillas - for wrapping up breakfast; 2) flat stones for skipping; 3) flat irons for when sweet tweener wants to straighten those beautiful curls.

In the kitchen...orange chicken and rice for supper tonight!

I am wearing...denim capris and a short sleeved black tee with sparkles and pleats along the neckline.

I am creating...a pair of girls in mixed media - a light piece - a companion to "Arise & Sing"

I am going...to Granbury tomorrow with sweet tweener

I am reading..."Holy Listening" - about the art of Spiritual Direction

I am hoping...to get a fence around my garden!

I am looking forward to...the future!?! It has been a long time, I think, since I have felt that way...

From the learning room...feeling the downward slide towards the end of the school year - yet anticipating school through the summer!

Around the house...more organization = more time

I am pondering (contemplating?)...stillness, simplicity, sanctuary

A favorite quote for today...
Within you there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.
~Hermann Hesse

One of my favorite things...simplicity around me

A few plans for the rest of the week:  CASA play on Friday - the last CASA field trip of the year : (.

A Scripture to meditate on from this morning:  From Malachi, Chapter 3...
16Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored his name.
17“They will be mine,” says the Lord Almighty, “in the day when I make up my treasured possession.a

Lectio Divina:
We read the passage slowly: lectio
We meditate on the Word or phrase: meditatio
We talk with God: Oratio
We are silent: Contemplatio

            I am contemplating the title He calls us, "treasured possession" - I wonder how I would behave, 
            how my emotions would be balanced, if I truly believed that title...


Diary of 5

I am seeing...trees fully leafed out - spreading branches as if trying to capture sunrays - creating the refreshing shade underneath their full arms.

I am hearing...Birds chirping, squirrels scolding

I am smelling...fresh air - it has such a clean smell this morning!

I tasted...A sausage biscuit from my gentle giant of an adult son...

I am feeling...purposeful.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...