Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook - June 12, 2012

FOR TODAY 
June 12, 2012 

 A peek into my day....
Playing with "book spine poetry" - this could become addicting {smiling}
The Creative Call
Taking flight
The Way Out of the Wilderness

Into Abba's Arms
The Father Heart of God
Rebuilding the Real You
Taking Hold of Tomorrow

I call this one "Call to Prayer"...
Touch the World Through Prayer
Come Away My Beloved
Daring to Draw Near

Outside my window...bright, sunshine after the storms last night - everything is still green, tho' the temperatures have been climbing...I love these first lazy days of summer...

I am thinking...about how I am seeing the message of "Hearing God" almost everywhere I turn these last few days...I know He longs for us to take the time to listen...and how - or even does - He want me to share our conversations with you???

I am thankful...that God is watering my garden lately - so sweet...of course, I know others are receiving the blessing of rain too, but it really is just for me {smiling} - just having fun with feeling chosen.

In the kitchen...lots of sandwiches for meals because they are cool to prepare, and cool to eat for summertime.

I am wearing...blue jean capris and a new {white of course}knit top with a zillion little buttons.  Very lightweight and cool for the summer....

I am creating...a "Chinoiserie style" painting so I can illustrate visually some of what I am learning in the book I am reading - the Chinese character for "create" plus the significance of the elements of the character will be in the first painting...

I am wondering...what time we will go to the pool today ☺.

I am reading..."The Discovery of Genesis", a book about how the Biblical accounts of Creation are imbedded in the ancient characters of the Chinese language - wow!

I am hoping...for sweet tweener to grow

I am looking forward to...next Tuesday's free summer movie at the Weatherford movie theater

From the learning room - summer school this year - under full swing - it is good to see that "the dots are really connecting" for her and we are taking full advantage and making up for so-called lost time {smiles}

Around the house...Sweet tweener is doing more and more house-work - such a blessing!

I am pondering...about making one day a week, a "fun" day to play with science {for my science girl ☺} - a "Fab Friday" science day perhaps?!  And document the experiments with photographs so that it will be easier to remember and share with friends when it is time for "Back to School" in the fall...

A favorite quote for today...
When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.
Ansel Adams

One of my favorite things...poetry, and unique ways to create it - like these "Book Spine Poems" that is part of this week's challenge at Beyond Layers...

A few plans for the rest of the week: Critter Man at the library - snakes and tarantulas - icky : p!  More swimming


A Scripture to meditate on from this morning:   
35 One of their religion scholars spoke for them, posing a question they hoped would show him up: 36 "Teacher, which command in God's Law is the most important?" 37 Jesus said, "'Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.' 38 This is the most important, the first on any list. 39 But there is a second to set alongside it: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.' 40 These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them."                                                       Matthew 22:35-40 - The Message

Lectio Divina:
We read the passage slowly: lectio
We meditate on the Word or phrase: meditatio 
This is the time for listening - I recently read a thought about this passage...where so often we focus on the action of our love response to the Lord, the meaning of this passage is really Jesus' response to the question "Which command is the most important?" and His response is, in the original, "Shema" the Hebrew word we translate as "listen".  The most important thing in our life with Christ isn't really about our love response,  but that we respond to His constant invitation to listen to Him...Maybe another way to say it is, He doesn't want our sacrifice as much as He wants relationship with us...and it is from this place of relationship that true obedience, sacrifice, and loving service is born from...

We talk with God: Oratio
We are silent: Contemplatio 
                  

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...