Friday, June 29, 2012

Discovering Genesis in Chinoiserie Mixed Media Style - Sneak Peek Friday

 My piece for the character "To Create"


Chinoiserie is a French word meaning "in the Chinese Style" - (more information here)

I find I am really attracted to this style, perhaps because I would love to decorate my Victorian home in authentic style, and this was popular in Victorian Europe...also because the "mix", much like "mixed media" really appeals to my artistic nature {smiling}...





The full piece:

 I really like the quote by Henry Ward Beecher - and as I was working on the quote, this is what the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Creation, was weaving in my mind:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (Genesis 1:1)  By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God...(Hebrews 1:11 ESV)  For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been
made. (Romans 1:20)

And we are made in His image...

So sweet, that the quote really reflects that God is evident in His Creation - and we are the crown of the Creation...
 
I made this postcard to help explain the development of the character:
This little postcard to explain the character's significance will accompany each print...


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...