Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Making Lent Linger - Part 3

My "B" cinquain

{Counting the Omer - Day 12}

I grew up knowing that there were 50 days from Easter Sunday till Pentecost.  

I grew up marking time from the Resurrection to the birth of the church.  In my young heart, it wasn't nearly important as Christmas or Easter, because children weren't showered with gifts on Pentecost...

And now that I am older - I think perhaps we have it all backwards?  Pentecost is a celebration of the most incredible gift - the one that Jesus couldn't wait to pour out upon His friends.
In the midst of longing somewhat for liturgy, being led into creating a liturgy of my own with the help of the Holy Spirit...part of the year of contemplation - liturgy (a form of public worship) and contemplation (a form of private devotion)...
  
My life IS my liturgy - that is what God says:
 Romans 12:1: Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, [a]acceptable to God, which is your [b]spiritual service of worship.
What I contemplate about - what I linger on in my thoughts, will, desires, emotions -  becomes my liturgy:
Probverbs 23:7:  For as he [b]thinks within himself, so he is.

The Liturgy of Life is offered by the  Canons of Contemplation.

The counting of the omer is another way to let the Spirit imprint His mark on me - counting days, looking ahead, feasting on the word, allowing the word, the Word that became flesh, permeate my being...



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...