Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Simple Daybook - April 19, 2012 + Texture Tuesday

FOR TODAY 

Close-up of the next wave of Texas Wildflowers - Antelope Horn comes to maturity just as bluebonnets are waning.  The Antelope Horn is really a softball sized mass of these beautiful lime-green flowers with white stamens and deep purple centers.  To the left of the full faced bloom is a flower bud - I love the lavender tinged star shape!  These are gorgeous and fragrant
Full view of the flower globe - processed with Kim's Texture "Now" with an "overlay" blend mode.

Outside my window... crisp clear air, stunning blue sky, the glory of the sun - antelope horns sending up a sweet, thick scent...

I am thinking...about how to keep the bugs from eating my vegetable garden.

I am thankful...3 things square: 1) abundant paper (8 1/2 by 11 is close to square! ; 2)  Raised garden beds (4' square); 3) a square book about children during the renaissance from the library {smiles}

In the kitchen...accumulating gluten-free recipes - tweener seems to be sensitive (I am finally figuring out!)

I am wearing...jeans (what else?!?) and a 3/4 sleeve black knit top.  My hair is pulled back in a loose ponytail.

I am creating...a list of ideas that are coming:  creating a path of beautiful womanhood for sweet tweener...

I am wondering...how to best keep a calendar to schedule my online pursuits, Angel's writing, and my own...

I am reading...Psalm 119 - a section each day

I am looking forward to...The Clark Garden's Field Trip on Friday

From the learning room...Medieval history!  Knights and princesses!

Around the house...Keeping the kitchen and dining room neat and tidy - goals being accomplished!

I am pondering...what the Lord is saying to me today; how He might be "coaching" me!

A favorite quote for today...
"You use a glass mirror to see your face, you use works of art to see your soul.”
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

One of my favorite things...French Pressed coffee - mmmmmm

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Special Olympics Equestrian Competition this weekend - we are volunteers and we have never been before!

A peek into my day...

A Scripture to meditate on from this morning: 
Yod
73 Your hands made me and formed me;
give me understanding to learn your commands.

The Hebrew letter "yod" also has a meaning in and of itself... hand.  - and there is deeper meaning in the fact that every other letter and therefore every Hebrew word contains the yod.  It is the beginning of the sacred name of God (Yahweh) and the name of the Messiah.  Since Yeshua upholds the world by the Word of His power (Hebrews 1:3), and Yod is part of every Hebrew letter (and therefore every word), Yod is considered the starting point of the presence of God in all things - the "spark" of the Spirit in everything. (empasis mine) - Wow! 


Lectio Divina:
We read the passage slowly: lectio
We meditate on the Word or phrase: meditatio
We talk with God: Oratio
We are silent: Contemplatio


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...