Friday, July 27, 2012

Sneak Peek - Recent work and a show

Fronts and backs, ready for words


I still find nests, eggs, and birds so charming - and I am thinking about the fall edition of the Finding Sanctuary e-course...with a few minor changes, including a sub-title change (stay tuned ☺)...I was inspired by some of what the Lord is speaking to me to make some little (recycled CD) clocks reflecting that there is a time to gather, a time to build, a time to nest (think "rest") and these make us ready when it is time to fly...are you hearing the Spirit speak to you already?
Placing the words at the hours
Ready for the mechanism...



Others feel this affinity to swallows and sparrows, the smallest and humblest of our feathered friends...I can't help but notice blogs with names like "Sparrow Song" and "The Feathered Nest", or just go to Etsy.com and you can find shops like "Swallow and Twig", "Swallow Comes Spring", "Sparrow Hills", "Sparrow and Bellflower" - and there are so many, many more...










Of course Pinterest has so many images of sparrows and swallows (I've got two "Finding Sanctuary" boards here and here) -








And then there is Flickr (just type in swallow or sparrow in the search window)....
Hey, what's Jack Sparrow doing in my sparrow search!?!?


So many ideas for the word picture in Psalm 84:3 - of being a swallow building her nest at the altar of the Lord!
Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, at your altars, O LORD of hosts, my King and my God.















My table display at the show and luncheon the other weekend - it was great fun and I made great new friends while selling a little art...(see the clocks near the front?  And I made a few nest necklaces, too, in the very front.)   I don't do very much jewelry, but I do keep "seeing" ideas for it...so I will carefully move forward in that as the Lord leads...
now waiting for a new resting place and available at the shop here
And now, it is time to "gather, build, nest and fly"...{smiling}





0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...